October 21, 2011

Pumpkin Watercolor Paintings


I saw this idea on Pinterest and knew we had to try it!

First, we looked at our pumpkin and discussed the shapes we would use to create it.  Next we practiced drawing our picture on a whiteboard.


Then on to the glue step.  (I ended up doing the continuous squeeze while they moved my hand around to draw their picture.  Levi tried going at it solo, but soon got frustrated with the way it beaded up.)


Set your pictures on a babyproof spot to dry overnight.  ;-)


The original directions used a fine tip Sharpie to trace on either side of the glue lines.


I opted for some very thin markers I had, that would help them see what colors to use (that would also camoflauge if they bled a little.)


On to the watercolor step...


What focus!


I think these turned out great!


No comments:

Post a Comment