July 23, 2010

2010-2011 Curriculum

It is finished!!  Well, for now anyway.

I got great inspiration and started planning on May 1st, thinking to myself "Wow, at this rate you'll have the whole year done in a week."  Then came June, then July, lots of family visiting, vacation, graduation, exhaustion, and when I finally got to sit down at the computer...ZERO creativity!  Just when I was about to throw in the towel, it came.  Mostly when I laid my head down to sleep at night, but I'm not complaining.  At least the inspiration came!

I have been working on a two-year multi-level plan that I could just rotate through from ages 3-6.  I want the main focus to be on the bible and memorizing God's word, while integrating all other aspects of learning into that.  I also understand that math and language arts need to be taught at each child's instructional level...so how do I put it all together for children of various ages?!?!  Whew, I did!  (I think...hehe)  All right, enough commentary, here's our plan...

Bible:  Every week we will be focusing on a character trait, Bible story, and memory verse from the Joyful Heart Character curriculum at Hubbard's Cupboard.

Language Arts:  Picture Dictionary with friends and family, Kidwriting, Zoophonics, Sight word and Alphabet readers

Math: Math Their Way activities, Workjobs, Pattern Block books, Number Journals

Everything Else:  Will be integrated into our monthly themes.  I would like to focus on a different habitat per month (Forest, Ocean, Arctic, Rainforest, Farm, etc.) going deeper into our zoo friends that live in that habitat along with some super fun science and art activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment