August 12, 2011

2011-2012 Curriculum

I don't know why, but this year has been the hardest to plan so far!  I've been dreaming of the day I would have my very own Kindergartner, and now that it's here I feel like a first year teacher again.  That's the fun thing about homeschooling I guess, every year you ARE a first year teacher!  (Yikes, hadn't really thought about this before.)  Even though they are your children, you have most likely not had the exact same combination of ages, personalities, and circumstances as the year before.  Woohooo!  Nothing like a challenge.

Anyway, here is our current curriculum plan for the year with my 4 year old PreK and 5 year old Kinder:

Bible: 
-Grapevine Studies Old Testament Beginning Book
-Learn OT book names
-Memory Verses
-Hubbard’s Cupboard verses recorded by Matt
-Steve Green’s Hide Them in Your Heart

Language Arts: 
-Zoophonics (dot 2 dot, Level A sentences/Coloring page)
-Picture Dictionary
-Heidi Songs color/shape books
-Starfall
-You Can Read by 1+1+1=1
-Word Family Minibooks by Hubbard’s Cupboard
-Hooked on Phonics

Writing:  
-Kidwriting at every opportunity
-start Mrs. Meacham’s mini-lessons mid-year
-Science Journals
-Thankful Journals

Math:
-Pattern Block Books
-Marcy Cook (Early Skillboard, Math Tiles)
-Workjobs
-Number Journals by Hubbard’s Cupboard

Science:
-Animal Investigation Binders (add Zoophonic’s animal friend every week)
-Habitat theme, one per month (add spanish vocab. in calendar)
-Science with Sid, weekly theme and experiment

Art: 
-TLC Alphabet Book
-Monthly directed drawing

Note:  I hope to go through and explain how we use some of these components over the next few months.  I will add a link on this blog post everytime I make an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment